Celebrex(Celecoxib capsules 200mg)
A Celebrex dosage is used to reduce pain or inflammation (swelling) caused due to arthritis, spondylitis, or menstrual ache and distress. The medication is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and belongs to the class of COX-2 inhibitor. Having a Celebrexrelieves you from the pain and helps you perform your daily activities with ease.
It also works effectively in reducing the pain due to injuries or medical procedures. It is known to produce a substance that prevents causing pain or inflammation in the body. Celebrex is an FDA-approved medication that is quite effective in treating arthritis. But before, you consider using Celebrex, here are five must-know things about the medication.
How does it work?
Celecoxib capsules 200mg often known by the name Celebrex, reduces the pain by blocking COX-2 enzymes as they are responsible for the fusion of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are usually released because of inflammation and is said to make nerve endings more sensitive to pain transmission. The medication usually works by blocking these enzymes to produce more prostaglandin thus relieving the pain caused.
- What are the benefits?
As mentioned earlier, it is one of the effective medications for acute pain relief which includes menstrual as well as dental pain. It is also proven to help treat osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or spondylitis. Celebrex is associated with decreasing the count of adenomatous colorectal polyps in grownups with familial adenomatous polyposis. A single Celebrex dosage is said to provide relief within an hour and is usually taken once or twice a day. The pain-relieving effect is said to last approximately for 12 hours.
- Some Important Tips:
- You can consume Celebrex with or without food, but the ones above 400 mg require food intake.
- If you experience chest pain, breathing trouble, weakness, or blood in stool, then seek immediate medical advice.
- Also, if you feel nausea, fatigue, itching, or flu-like symptoms, get medical attention.
- If you have asthma or a past experience of rhinitis, make sure you talk your doctor before taking the medication.
- Remember that Celebrex is a sulfonamide so, it can cause skin effects. Therefore, if you have any rash on your skin, contact your doctor and stop the consumption.
- If you’re 20 weeks pregnant then it is advised to check with your doctor before any intake of medication.
- It makes your skin sensitive to the sun, so it is suggested to wear sunscreen when you’re outside.
- Medications that decrease the effect:
There are a few medicines that interact with Celebrex dosage which might decrease the effectiveness of the medication. It is sensible to consult your doctor on how to manage the drug interactions. The common medications to interact include aspirin, cyclosporine, duloxetine, or dexamethasone. Alcohol intake can cause gastrointestinal side effects with Celebrex dosage.
- Certain Side-effects
Individuals between 18-60 years might experience side effects such as abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhoea, and dyspepsia. It can cause headaches, rash, fluid retention, or tinnitus. People suffering from heart disease might have a risk with Celebrex intake. One of the side-effects can be an increase in blood pressure. Also, if you’re having an asthma problem, then it might lead to certain side effects.
So, if you’re planning to take Celebrex, make sure you cover all the points mentioned above to avoid any mishaps. The drug medication is quite effective but it is important that you follow the directions on your prescription or consult your doctor or pharmacist for more information about it. Apart from this medication, there are several pain reliever medications that also help deals with acute pain and discomfort. Some of the pain relievers include soma tablets or carisoprodol dosage, which is also effective just like Celebrex.